Monday, February 9, 2009

My Latest Dr. Visit

I went to the doc again today. I am learning something interesting about my facility. If I show up early they take me early. I was 40 minutes early (I left early due to weather and traffic because I have at least a 40 minute drive from school to the dr. office.) They took me right in. The same thing happened on my first visit. I was in and out before my scheduled appt.

Anyway it wasn't too eventful except I did hear the baby's heart beat. It sounded like a quick little train. Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga. The doctor said it was between 150 and 160 and that it was good. The other highlight of the visit was I set my appt for my next visit when they determine the baby's gender!

I am so excited for this. I have no idea what it could be. They told me to bring a blank DVD so they can record some of the ultrasound and I will post that on my blog! I put a count down to the gender on the right. If you haven't voted on the gender yet now is the time!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

YAY! I can't wait to hear! What a fun thing to look forward to. We wish your family the very very best!

Diane said...

It's interesting how differently our bodies take to being pregnant, and how we all figure out little quirks to help us get through things like morning sickness. You say that it worked best for you to wait until you felt hunger pains and then eat, but for me I would feel sick until I ate a full meal, then as it gradually digested I would feel sicker until I ate a meal again. And I mean a meal, not just snacking, that would do no good. Actually, with Jay it helped, with Eli it didn't.

Also, I definitely know what you mean about having to eat NOW. that may be one thing that I can use as a pregnancy indicator for me because I remember it happening before I even knew I was pregnant with Eli. I was doing my sister's hair for a dance and I felt a hunger pang, and I was gone. So weak I couldn't do anything but lay down on the floor and beg someone to get me some crackers or something. Oh, the ups and downs of pregnancy, I love it! (though perhaps especially in hindsight ;)