Sunday, November 30th (2008 of course) I was curious. AJ and I had been trying for a baby for a couple months and AJ found some amazing deal on Chinese pregnancy tests online. They were 10 for $2. So Sunday night I tried one.
The trouble with this particular test is the packaging is in Chinese and online it said one line means no, two lines means yes. But, the package showed four out comes: 1) one line = no, 2) two dark lines = something in Chinese, 3) dark top line, light bottom line = something , and 4) light top line, dark bottom line = something. I got number 3 and I had no idea what it meant! Is that like a maybe? So I decided (very quickly, I might add) that it was worth it to purchase a "real" test. I bought one Monday and did the test Tuesday and vuala! Pregnant!
I had my first check up today. Boy was I excited for it! I have been waiting a month and a half. Everyone kept apologizing for this and that and I was just happy to be there and to get to experience it. AJ went with me. We did an ultrasound and the baby was so cute! We could see the quick pulsing movement of its chest caused by its beating heart. Its heart rate is 174! We could see its little head body, arms, and legs. And we could see its little arms and legs move! It was one of the most joyous moments of my life seeing this little body. The baby is at 9 weeks and the due date is August 5th.
I wanted to wait until my appointment to tell people so I could be sure it was "real". Sometimes I just wasn't sure it was real because I felt so well. I haven't had a lot of really bad morning sickness. I've only thrown up once...knock on wood. Mostly my stomach is unsettled or I am light headed. The biggest thing is I am always hungry although I sometimes can't seem to eat. My body doesn't want to intake certain foods. They don't smell bad or anything, my body just doesn't want it.
But I am so excited to tell people! I have been waiting for the Relief Society "good news minute" forever!! I finally have something to say. I mean it isn't like nothing good ever happens to me it's just that I don't think the entire RS cares that I love Jason's Deli's broccoli cheese soup and I had it last week.
Look how cute my little angel is! I wish the image was as sharp as the ultrasound seemed to be. I think its hand is where it looks like it has a Jay Leno chin.

7 comments:
congragulation.....
jessica! your little angel is beautiful!! congratulations!! i'm so excited for you and a.j.!! you are going to be a great mama!!
Congratulations! What a great start of the year! Enjoy your pregnancy!
Yipppeeee! I think I've waited just as long to be able to congratulate you. I keep waiting for the big post and here it is. Congratulations and I hope you continue to have only minimal morning sickness.
YAY!!!!!
I'm so excited for you the both of you. You will be great parents. What happy news.
Congratulations! I can't even tell you how excited we are for you guys. The gift of life is beautiful . . . not always easy, but beautiful. YAY!
Yea! That it so neat! We'll be pregnant at the same time for a couple more months! That first ultrasound gives you just such an incredible feeling. It was the first time it all felt "real" to me. Hopefully you continue feeling good. The first trimester is supposedly the worst for that, so you're probably in the clear :) Will you find out if it's a boy or a girl when you can?
Good-luck!
Post a Comment