Saturday, July 14, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Mold...Oh My!

Here I am again!

So we are on the downhill side of a mold problem in our apartment. At first they told us we would have no use of our guestroom and our bathroom. No bathroom?? It turns our we did get to keep our bathroom afterall. Our guestroom (luckily not our BEDROOM!) had to be cleared of all its contents, the door and blinds were removed, and plastic was set up to allow an airflow only through one filtered exit (yeah right, and how long do you thing that lasted). Next the wall adjacent to the bathroom was ripped off and we were left with signs up on the plastic reading "Warning: Microbial Hazard! Only Authorized Personnel May Enter".

My first thought was, "This is my home, I am an authorized personnel. Don't tell me where I can't go in my own home!" My second thought came after the 15th time of taping up the stupid platic that kept falling and allowing hazardous microbes into the unprotected portion of my home, "Microbial what...hazard?? If it is hazardous enough to put up a sign, why isn't it hazardous enough to tape the plastic up so it doesn't fall every 4 minutes??"

After the 3rd day I just let it go. If I was going to die by microbs, I had accepted my fate. But now the plastic and filter are gone and we have drywall in its place. We are getting there.





Here is our guestroom all drywalled back up. I wish I had gotten a picture of the warning sign!

Here is a picture of the other side of the wall in the bathroom.

0 comments: