Sunday, July 29, 2007

Pioneer Day!

Ok 7.24.2007, who can appreciate the Pioneers' sacrifice more than on this day? We began our festivities by driving to Centerville (North of SLC) Monday evening and spent a great night with AJ's parents. After a great chat with my Mom-in-law Karma I was feeling great. She has a knack of setting you at ease!

That night AJ, his dad Steve, and I watched "The Tonight Show: With Jay Leno" Monday is Headlines. Leno reads funny newspaper, magazine, and other publications that have strange wording or errors to benefit us with a laugh.

In the morning we had a fantastic breakfast and watched the KSL parade coverage. I have to admit, I am not much of a parade person, and I had to stifle more than a couple "clever" remarks regarding floats and their occupants.

Early afternoon found us at Erika's where we went swimming for the first time with Olivia. That evening we went to the Bees Baseball Game who sadly lost but put up a good fight in the end. Mooky came out and AJ and I popped over to say hello to the friendly cow. After the game was a great fireworks show. Olivia was mesmerized by the colors and bangs of the show, which was surprising. Even more surprising was her reaction to the cheers of the crowd during the ball game. She would shout with joy along with the others, a look of happy excitement on her face. This just affirms that she is indeed her mother's daughter.


Swimmin' with Mama!


AJ and Mookie (aka: Marcus, the Winder Dairy Hero!)


The Ball-Gamers.


Me and Mine!


The mesmerized little one.

0 comments: