Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cake?


Last night AJ fell asleep studying and when I found him sleeping with his laptop on his belly surrounded by books I started cleaning up. He's an active sleeper and at any moment the laptop could have been projected toward the wall.

When he felt movement around him he stirred and opened his eyes a sliver. So, I said, "Hi Boy," and he murmured groggily, "Hi Cake."

It wouldn't have been that funny except it was so out of the blue. I could only imagine he was dreaming and then saw me and thought I was a talking cake. I couldn't stop giggling I had to leave the room. When I came back in I still couldn't keep a straight face, so I had to leave again.

This morning AJ said he was upset last night because all he wanted to do was sleep, but I would not stop laughing. So, then I had to tell him the Cake Story and now it's my new nickname.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

HAHAHAHAHA! That has me laughing out loud! That's a cute nickname . . . Jason calls me Babycakes. I love it!

-erika :) said...

HAHA, that is so funny. I can see AJ dreaming about a delicious piece of food, and then getting the two of you mixed up...