Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Conference Weekend


Conference weekend held great times for us. We went up to Erika and Marcus's on Saturday and listened to the Solemn Assembly in the car as we drove. I was sad I didn't get to stand when it was my turn but I got to raise my hand at least. There were some great talks both Saturday and Sunday. Among my favorites are Elder Holland's strong talk on continuing revelation and how God still speaks to us today and Elder Bednar's talk on praying with more purpose and faith as to promote action.


Erika built a rocking horse for Olivia that she got from Roberts for $15 instead of $60! Thanks special Grandma Karma for the sale tip off! We had a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, rolls, carmel brownies, and key lime pie! Erika made the majority of those items but Monica and I contributed a little too. Who am I to complain if someone is going to make me a turkey dinner??



We had a Girl's Night as all the boys went to Priesthood Session. We spent our time at the park at Erika's apartment complex on the swings and on the slide, but mostly on the swings. Olivia loves the swing. I have a good video of her that I will post as soon as I can. Google Video says it is still "processing" and I can't post it until the status is "live".


So happy to be in.

So sad to be out.

Later, we played Phase 10 but I pooped out. Every time I go to Erika's some kind of magic happens. I get so drowsy! Especially if I sit on the couch. I am not the most lively person, but I certainly don't strain to stay awake on most days. This is not the story at Erika's! I sit on the couch and within 30 mins I am struggling to keep myself awake! Our theory is that since I used to sleep on the couch for the couple months I lived with them my body cannot disassociate the act of sleeping with the couch.

0 comments: