Friday was a dreaded day. The song from Les Miserables "Empty Chair at Empty Tables" came to mind as there have been many changes at work and some people were moving on to other opportunities. But one co-worker in particular made my eyes wet with tears. It was my friend Maria's last day at work. She found a new job. One that was much better for her and her family. I was really sad to see her go. She is a great friend and wonderful person. She helped me through some hard times at work.
When I got home from work AJ knew I would be a little sad. He made the best suggestion ever! Our landlord got a puppy and we borrowed it! It is a little chihuahua! We took it to our "backyard" and played with it. We played tug of war with blades of grass, catch me if you can, jump off the ledge and all sorts of puppy games. He is a sweet little one!
I am astounded at the level of support AJ gives to me. He is ever patient with my personal struggles and situational trials. He is comforting, nurturing, and playful.
I am humbled by the love given by friends and family. I am forever grateful for the support of my sisters, brothers, parents, extended family, and friends. Thanks for your love and examples! You all strengthen me!

0 comments:
Post a Comment