Sunday, September 16, 2007

More on Love Sagas...and Camping Adventures

OK, I reluctantly admit as much as I want to puke all over Bella (or rather Stephanie Meyers) for being so mushy sometimes, I have to say I relate a little. I have been in denial all Twilight and I am near the end of New Moon and I can finally admit this a little.

My friend told me back when I borrowed Twilight that I would wish my husband was a vampire. I have to say it isn't true for me. I am pleased with the magic of my very ordinary days. No husband trying to restrain himself from eating me, no cold, stony hand to hold. No, instead I'll take my warm, soft AJ. I think he's a little more like Jacob than Edward.


But enough of love sagas, this weekend we went CAMPING! It was my first time in something like 7 years. It was a ward campout. We went with our neighbors who have become our evening running buddies. We found a great spot to set up the tent. We really had minimal trouble setting up the tent. This was something thay had been weighing on my mind. I had no idea how to set up a tent and heck if I knew if AJ did. But it really was no trouble. Afterwards, we quickly found that the tent door would not close. The zipper was broken. So we gots to view the stars and see the sunrise whether we wanted to or not.

Also, we forgot our pillows. This is a big "No No" for me. I am a picky sleeper and if I don't follow my normal routine I have a much harder time falling to sleep. I have to lay a certain way then roll over and face toward the edge of the bed...I'm not an insomniac or anything I am just dependent on habit and routine.



Here is our injured tent. It looks turquios but it is really green.


I don't know why, but I look a little awkward.


There were cute little flowers by our tent. I need to take a picture of them.


The Mountains were gorgeous! The leaves were starting to turn and there were yellow, orange, and red patches all over. It was so beautiful right against the green.


There was a little brook and the sun was setting with pastel pink blinking off the water.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like you guys really had a fun time! Can't wait to see pictures. . .

LMM said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the changing colors of the leaves. That is one of the things I miss most about Utah.

Diane said...

Oh Jess, you should seriously write a novel of your own - your very own love saga! ;) You could do it, you know. your writing is so fun to read.

Isn't it funny how words can be what they describe? I don't know if that sentence made any sense, but I was just thinking that as I read the word "awkward" in your blog.

And one more thing - Who doesn't love the Fall!!! It excites me in the extreme. I think if I have a daughter I should name her Autumn. That picture of the brook is really pretty too.

Ali said...

Jess,
I read and finished Twilight in a day. I am eager to get my hands on New Moon. Your commentaries make me laugh and I hope you do more! Your camping trip looked like it was fun. How beautiful your surroundings were. We need to get together soon.