Friday, July 25, 2008

Family Reunion

Saturday we had our annual Bridges Reunion. But we started off the festivities at my aunt Teena's home with a double shower! We have two cousins getting married. The shower was a blast. I always love to see the gifts that everyone gets.





Saturday we stopped by Walmart so I could get a new phone. My old one was growing quiet and the battery life was waning. Thanks everyone for your patience with me while I made my phone selection, perhaps it brought back unpleasant memories of choosing toothbrushes... I didn't get an iPhone, I just got a maroon Motorola V9 Ravr.

We spent the day in the park watching Livvy enjoy rides for the first time and enjoying the new rides ourselves for the first time. I have to say Wicked took my breath away as I was propelled up and then shoved down. The swings made sick, I am embarrassed to report. I never get motion sickness and I rarely get nauseous but I was so close to puking on that. We spent a the afternoon at Lagoona Beach. I waded through the water in my bare feet and shorts and the water felt good! We had a great dinner and a program to honor my grandparents as their 80th birthdays are approaching.




On Sunday we had a small gathering with our immediate family at Monica and Jon's new place (which is bigger and way cute, BTW). Monica made great lasagna which some even dared to call better than Mom's (Mom called it that, she's allow to). And it did rival Mom's. So now whenever I am homesick, I will come to your place, Monica, and you can make Mom's lasagna for me! ;) After dinner we played Rock Band and HS Musical Sing Along on the Wii. Fun times!



0 comments: