Ok, I am behind on my blog! Time to catch up a little...
On 6/20 - 6/21 AJ and Marcus ran in the Ragnar Wasatch Back Relay. AJ ran a total of 19.5 miles. There are ten runners and each runner has 3 legs so there are 30 legs total. They run continuously without stopping through the night. There were tales of water fights, ambushes, and more. I am so proud of AJ for doing that! He is much braver than me.
Erika and I stayed home with Livvy while the boys ran. We were able to attend a family sealing which had a very special spirit during the ceremony. We went swimming and all sorts of things.
On 6/22 Rock Band was released for the Wii and AJ's long wait was over. He loves music and loves the drums in particular. What a fun way let out that music jitter bug of his! He excells at the game!
On 7/4-7/6 AJ and I went down to Snow Canyon near St. George, UT. We camped. When I told my dad our plans he laughed at me and provided a one word explanation: HOT! And he was right! To escape the heat we hit up the outlet mall and then went to "Get Smart" with Steve Carrell.
On Saturday we did some light hiking and then visited with my grandparents who live nearby. That night we went to dinner and then to "Les Miserables" at the out door Tuacahn theatre with my cousins Lindsay and Jason.
We drove home Sunday and we were exhausted, the sun can be so draining. We did not go home without meeting some little animal friends. One night, I saw a bunny with short stubby ears. It let me inch close to 6 feet from it before growing uneasy. I also saw these strange little burrowing creatures that looked like fat white chipmunks. AJ saw a slender orange fox right outside our tent one morning.

1 comments:
Yeah to those crazy boys. I couldn't have ran it! But just on a side note, it is 12 runners that run 3 legs, for a total of 36 legs and about 180 miles. Crazy!
Post a Comment