Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adventures in Riding the Bus


AJ has been riding the bus to and from his new job and he's gotten to know the other "regulars". During one conversation, a fellow passenger proudly told AJ that he was a programmer. AJ has done a bit of programming himself and asked what languages he programs in. The guy flashed him a confused look and said, "English..." and upon seeing AJ's bewildered response, he added, "well, it's the only language I know."

A few days later AJ was talking with him again and in an effort to discretely determine what this guy thinks programming is he asked him, "So what kinds of things do you program?"

The guy replied, "Oh, I just program computers". AJ gathered from him that he meant he installs computer programs.

1 comments:

-erika :) said...

Haha, I'm not sure what is worse... The fact that the "programmer" had no idea what AJ was talking about, or that fact that I did!