Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Power of the Pants



AJ has a pair of awesome slacks that I found a rocking deal on at Macy's. I got the $90 pants for $20! They are used for special occassions only. He used them for the job interviews he had in the beginning of the year. During this busy interviewing season he would hang his pants on a hook we have on our second bedroom door and after a lull I hung them up in the closet. Lo and behold a second round of interviews began and out came the pants again.

That second round died down a month or two ago but the pants sat on their hook until last week. I thought it was about time to hang those babies back up so I finally did it Wednesday night and laughed with AJ that he'd get a new interview soon. The next day I got an email from him, "I wanted to let you know I recently got a call from someone who wanted me to come in for an interview. We should have put that shirt and slacks away earlier :o)"

The interview went well. There are serveral different kinds of positions open and they felt like he'd be a prime candidate for the position he was hoping for. They said they'd call him within 5 days to arrange a second interview.

Last night I hung the pants up again and wasn't surprised to find this waiting in my inbox today, "I have my next interview tomorrow morning. Maybe we should try taking the pants to a neighbor's house and putting them under lock and key? What would happen if they weren't accessible readily?"

Is that going to give us bad luck that I hung that back on the door in order to take a picture? You better believe I put them right back in the closet ASAP!)

0 comments: