I had an AFI (Amniotic Fluid Index) ultrasound today that showed the AFI at 12.8cm which is an improvement, however the baby showed in the 6th percentile for size. The Dr feels since I've now had two ultrasounds that show the baby under the 10th percentile and I am full term that it will be best if he is delivered. The little size (they estimate he is about 5lbs 7oz) is a red flag that he may not be getting the nutrients he needs. He may just be little, or he may be needing nutrients and the Dr. feels it is better to take him while he is showing well on the NST (Non-stress Test, monitor's baby's heart beat) than have to do an emergency c-section if he becomes distressed between now and 40 weeks.
So that being the case, I will go into the hospital at 9pm tonight and get a medicine to soften my cervix. Then I will be induced with pitocin around 6am tomorrow. We don't know the condition of the baby right now other than he seems to be doing fine based on the NSTs and ultrasounds. He may need to go to the NICU or he may not. We will find out when he arrives.
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!
8 years ago

1 comments:
Oh my gosh! Wow! Don't worry, you will be fine. I'm sure everything will turn out great. How exciting that you're baby will be here tomorrow. Good luck, and let us know if you need anything!
Post a Comment