Sunday morning I was trying to get my primary lesson together for my little Sunbeams when I got a call from my Mom. This was a call that changed many things. She told me that my cousin Lindsay and Jason Bailey's little son Gavin had returned to his Heavenly Father at just over 13 weeks of life. He had some health struggles since birth and was moved from his Las Vegas hospital to Primary Children's here in SLC. Because of this move AJ and I had the chance to see him the weekend of Monica's shower. He had a sweet and peaceful spirit about him.
Cindy, Lindsay's mom, would send out email updates daily to let family and friends know how Gavin was doing. These were special to me and I always felt Heavenly Father's hand in things and His love when I read them.
AJ and I went to a Memorial Service the Bailey's had for him yesterday evening. They displayed big beautiful pictures of Gavin, some of his toys and clothing, and a little video slide show playing. It was good to meet with family and talk about this little one. He truly was a gift for the Baileys and all those around him. I was only an observer but I feel impacted by him. I feel awakened to the wonders God gives to us. I am thankful for his short but very meaningful life.
Here are a couple pictures that I stole from Lindsay's blog.

8 years ago

1 comments:
Thank you Jess for your sweet post. We love you!
Post a Comment