Sunday, October 14, 2007

Milk Chocolate Lava Cake



Since our anticipation for Lava Cake on the cruise was disappointed (it wasn't on any of the dessert menus) I had an idea. I was in Smith's grocery shopping and I saw it. A Duncan Hines Lava Cake mix. It was $4.00. I got it for my mom declaring to my husband, "I will surprise her, I promise I won't tell her what it is until she comes!" After purchasing the coveted item I immediately called and told her I had a surprise and I would tell her what it was...until I got a stern look from AJ. "You promised!" He reminded. That was back in early September. I had to wait until Friday, Oct 12, 2007! But I did not tell her.

She and my Grandparents drove here from Las Vegas. My mom dropped them off with my aunt Julia and then picked up my aunt Cindy and Erika, Marcus, and Olivia. We went out to eat in Orem and came back to my apartment after where I presented her with the prize! Then we made the prize and ate it. Except for, I forgot to make it all pretty with powdered sugar like the picture showed. It's my only regret.

Mom trying her little cake.

AJ playing songs to Olivia

Our little party

1 comments:

Ali said...

I am a star! I made your blog. Monica's shower was a lot of fun. I hope we all get together again, soon.