My Dad is the biggest hero! He is the strongest, smartest, best Dad ever. That's what I thought when I was a little girl and I still do.
Walking home on that bright sunny Father's Day this last Sunday, AJ and I talked about Dads. "When I was little," I began, "I thought my Dad was the strongest man ever!"
"And now you know that's pretty much not true," AJ laughed
"No... it is still true," I said, in my I'm-still-not-ready-to-admit-any-imperfections-in-my-Dad voice. I know logically that for one AJ is probably stronger than my Dad, but I still can't bring myself to that reality confrontation. He is still superman to me.
These are some of the things I love about my Dad:
He dad pulls me back to reality when I freak out.
He has sent my to my room for being "excessively happy".
He noticed me when I felt forgotten.
He is always ready to listen and has time for me when I need advice.
He always included me and my sisters on big family decisions like moving.
He debates with me (I have an intrinsic need to argue).
He gave me a priesthood blessing any time I needed one.
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment