My Mom called Friday with a long list of family news! There are many new life events in store for my cousins. Congratulations to everyone! AJ and I are very excited for you all. (I am being vague on purpose. I don't know whose news is "official" yet and whose isn't. I don't want to be a spoiler!)
But what my Mom didn't know is that we had our own piece of news...
It all started Friday night. AJ asked me earlier in the week if I wanted to go to the ward's Fathers and Sons campout with him, a very thoughtful gesture. However, seeing as how I am neither a father nor a son I declined, while laughing. So AJ asked our neighbor friend to join him.
I decided to sleep over at Erika's since AJ would be gone Friday night. Erika and I watched an informative show on the History of the Axe and Man vs Wild while Marcus played WOW. The next day we ran to Walmart to pick up some groceries...a seemingly routine visit.
Placed directly in front of us as we entered the store were 4 TVs. No one thinks much of these things, it looked like some kind of special clearance but I wasn't really in the market for a TV. I kept my eyes open for a good deal but "good deal" was never much better than $700 for the kind of TV I sought. Not this time...
As we passed by I saw:
42", 720p, LCD, HDTV, RCA....$400
Whaaaaa? a few steps later I thought I better call AJ. It took only two words from him, "Get it," and some internal struggle on my part, "Do we really need a TV?" before the decision was final.
Too good to be true? Well, yes it was. We took it home and tested it. There is no sound and the VID 1 and VID 2 imputs don't work.
But again I ask, "Too good to be true"? No, not really, since we bought it Saturday it is under warranty and repairs are free! So $400 and a repair center visit later we'll have a TV that retails for $1000!
(Pictures to come tonight, whoops I mean later this week. I forgot to take a picture before AJ and I brought it to the repair shop tonight!)
8 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment